Using a search engine, find what you consider to be a useful website on the topic of:
Please answer the following questions.
Name of web site, if any____________________________________________________
URL (web address):________________________________________________________
What search engine or metasearch engine did you use? __________________________
How reliable, do you think, is the information on this website? _____________________________________
Please answer the following Questions, as you evaluate this web site, by circling either. Y (yes) or. N(No);
1. Author/Organization is identifiable; i.e. biographical information about the author or Y N
institutional affiliation and address are offered.
2. Sponsor/location of the site (identified by URL or web address) is appropriate to the Y N
website's material, i.e. .edu for educational or research material.
3. Contact information for the author or producer is included in the document. Y N
4. Mail-to link is offered for submission of questions or comments. Y N
5. Document includes a list of additional print and electronic sources. Y N
6. Links included appear relevant and appropriate to the site. Y N
7. Document. includes a publication date or "Iast updated" date that is current. Y N
8. Document includes a date of copyright/publication. Y N
9. Intended audience is easily identifiable. Y N
10. Intent of information (to inform, teach, sell, persuade, entertain or enlighten) Y N
is clearly stated or implied.
11. Document includes a bibliography. Y N
12. Author alludes to or displays knowledge of related sources, with proper attribution. Y N
13. Author provides both sides of the argument with no evidence of bias. Y N
14. Site is laid out clearly and logically with well-organized subsections. Y N
15. Site is easy to navigate, including clearly labeled Back, Home, Go To Top Y N
icons/links and internal indexing links on lengthy pages.
16. Site loads quickly and is readily accessible. Y N
17. Graphics and art serve a function. Y N
18. All links to remote sites work. Y N
19. Writing style is appropriate for the intended audience. Y N
20. Text follows basic rules of grammar, spelling and literary composition. Y N